2018

Thanks so much for reading my blog - I don't advertise very much and am blown away with how many of you tune in. Also, my stories! Y'all show so much love and I'm certainly going to do more polls for 2018.

Speaking on that. I know I said things were going to be more chill however I was just promoted to CEO and now, I am also part of the board of directors. Such an honour. At first, I wasn't even sure what it all meant. I mean, I understand what a CEO role is but I had no clue what being part of the board of directors meant.

It was such a surreal moment. I was incredibly honoured and then, I said what does this mean to which my boss laughed it off and began explaining it to me.


We have such exciting goals in place for 2018. More on that as we can announce! All of this to say, I am incredibly honoured and excited for this new chapter in life.

I'm finally ready to tell you what happen over the fall.

I had a hard loss in September. We found out we were pregnant in August and that we had conceived a Greece baby (TMI) but honestly, it was one of the most exciting times of our lives. Miscarriage is such a taboo conversation but when it happens, you would be surprised how many people actually go through it.

First comes love, then comes marriage then comes a baby in a baby carriage - right? When we first found out - we were in disbelief. This was my first ever pregnancy and here it was with my other half. We would be creating a human, together. A mini us.

We were so happy we created life on the most magical trip of our lives.

What ended up happing, is truly a blessing in disguise now that I look back. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason. I trust the path that I am on and have no doubt, when the time is right - we will be just as excited as we were when we found out we had a Greece baby.

We had just purchased a house (with intentions of renovating it - we had seen so many houses but my style is very different so we decided to make it our own - better resale value) and an incredible wedding in Greece.

Having a baby was not a top priority. We had to plan things out, take it all in and create a game plan. We loss the baby at 10 weeks.


During the entire ordeal, I had an ultrasound. They ended up finding a large cyst on my ovary and now that's become our biggest priority. While common, you never know and it's best to be safe. Half of my girlfriends are currently pregnant and while I would've love to have been right there beside them - it was not my time. We are excited to start a family but it won't be for some time. I need my body to heal and to have the right frame of mind. I honestly can't even imagine going through this with anyone. I was so happy to have Michael by my side. What a rock. Not to mention, my family and friends.



That's my news to kickstart 2018. My goals this year is to not take my health for granted, to love my loved ones to the core, to spend more time with my girls, to build real connections, real content and live a happy life with my perfect family. I have everything else I could possibly need, anything added is simply a blessing.

Oh, and I promise to do more makeup looks on here for 2018



As for how New Years went - I hosted a masquerade party! Take a look at some of the festivities from our soiree. This will be the last of heavy pictures for awhile. My next hosting event is for Easter!

A few pictures of the evening see below or until next time xx

















Thanks for being part of my life


Comments

Popular Posts