Lovin' the Fall livin'



Well, looks like my bi-weekly posts aren't going to plan. Who's got time for anything these days.

Fall is MY ultimate favourite time of year. Every year, it creeps up right after my birthday.

Let's hop to it, shall we.

What's been happening over here?

  • We re-did our roof. Welcome to "adulting" - Where an effing roof is a joyful purchase. The only thing I was excited for was to take a look at the beautiful colour options. They had a great selection.  Like, that was the masterpiece of it. Then I would take my coffee out to simply look at it in awe for 10 minutes when it was done for a week straight.  In all honesty, we knew the roof was due when we bought our house. My dad knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. You know? 
  • I recently spoke to about 50 of the graduates of the fitness and health promotions at Algonquin. I love speaking about this industry. It's effortless and priceless. It's very straight forward - you have to love it, live it and breath it and quit instagramin it. When you're making a real impact on people's lives - what better industry to be in?
  • Rosie has been settling in nicely. Turns out she's a die hard football fan. Made mommy so proud. #finsup
  • We went camping! I'm super proud, you guys. I'll share the full story with you. Last year, it hit me. I use to go camping as a kid all the time and then I just lost it. I lost the will to sleep in a tent and enjoy everything mother nature has to offer. I'm not talking about the cottage life. That's luxurious. I'm talking about survival if ever shit happen to go down. I called my sister, who is a serious camper. Melanie Rebane (our Greece photog) and Melanie (my sister) planned our festivities while laughing at my epiphany. It's now a yearly thanksgiving tradition and I love it! It was Reese's first time camping with us.
  • I know I talked about some health issues but I'm still not ready to talk about it just yet. I appreciate the messages tho :)
  • We went to Fight for the Cure. The energy was motivating. Thanks Adrian.
  • We had the grand opening of the Kanata location. Essentially, it needed a face lift. We had been in the same location for more than a decade. For those of you that don't know - it was in the basement in a Kanata office building. It was time for our mature location to make a move. Now, we have light and a garage door which was pretty exciting. We had live music, healthy food and great people. Great job Mo (Kanata FFF manager) for organizing the soiree. 
  • Sarah and I went to see the Phantom Of the Opera. We met up at her place, had girl chat and then went. Sarah had been 3 times and this was my first time. My jaw was dropped the entire time. I had heard you cry at the Opera and was sure I wouldn't. I found myself very emotional during the performance which was such an incredible feeling!
  • We celebrated Mike's nephew Fenton's (and mine!) 5th birthday with the Keepers. It's my brother who does it with his wife. They rescue animals and re-habilitate them back to the Wild. They teach kids about responsible pet ownership. They do some pretty neat stuff and the kids really loved it. They have a family fun day event at the EY centre on November 25 and 26th!
  • Michael's birthday is Wednesday and a Halloween party on Saturday. I'm going as a skeleton. Mike has no idea yet so if you have any ideas, send them our way!
  • I have so many events in November so will keep you posted on them in the next post.
A few pictures below (in case you're more of a visual like me)











Chat soon, thanks for tuning in!




Comments

Popular Posts