I was cyber bullied




Hello! It's been awhile and I want to tell you why.

I stopped blogging because I couldn't handle the cyber bullying that came with it.

How's that for being open and honest?

Here I was, sharing a private look into my life because I wanted to make a difference. While I received a ton of positive comments and feedback - eventually, the bad outweighed the good. I stopped. I would spend time on a post and dread the next 6 hours of the possible hate comments I had to monitor. People can be mean behind a screen. #keyboardwarrior

It's been 2 years since my last post and I'm going to tell you why I've decided to start up again. I fucking loved it. I had a lot of readers that tuned it and felt during that time, I had a positive impact on people. I had a complete stranger come up and tell me how much she loved reading it. Some messaged to say they were disappointed I had stopped.

Taking a two year hiatus

I was having lunch with my brother in Santorini where I recently got married. More on that on a different post but it was absolutely magical. We had 33 people travel to Europe for our big day. Our photographers who have shot many weddings in Europe said the average group to travel that far was 10-15, they told me an hour before I walked down the aisle which led me to cry instantly when I saw my people. That post will come later.

We were in the most magical place, having lunch cliff side and he completely tuned out of our lunch so that he could write a note to later reflect on his blog. His little sister was like "Hellooooo, get off your phone and pay attention here" which is where we got into chatting about his blog. He writes EVERY SINGLE DAY. That's commitment. I responded with I do miss it. He asked me why don't I just use the hate to ignite my passion even more. Having gone through this as he's been blogging for more than 10 years now, he gets it. I rebutted with all hate aside, I just don't want to commit to posting daily or weekly. I want to do so freely.

He then said you need to commit so here I am, committing to a bi-weekly post. I will do my best on filling you in on our new life, chat about business, dessertfest fiasco, my friends, experiences, etc. Pretty much about life.

To my cyber bully if you're still kicking around

You no longer have power over me. I feel pity and sadness for you if your sole purpose in life is to post hate on a complete strangers post. I'll make my posts extra sweet just for you.

A bientot les amies.

XO

Comments

Popular Posts