He Put A Ring On It


One of the greatest moments of my life..

I’m engaged!!



I’d love to share this incredible experience with you. If you click read more at the bottom – you will be able to see the photos!

So here is how it all went down. About two weeks ago, I was cleaning our household. I’m a bit of a control freak and for me, that’s my “down” time. What can I say, I like order and cleanliness.

While I was organizing - I came across a little black box. It was THE box that was holding my forever after.

My heart was pounding so hard.  Michael was in the next room and I squealed. I did NOT open the box (which was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do). Michael took it back from my grasp and hid it in spot #2.

Guess who found it a few days later in spot #2. I did. Now I was angry. I was so excited and not opening that box was so hard the first time. Imagine the second. I refrained and told Mike to smarten up!

That’s like getting designer shoes as a gift and not being able to try them on or seeing them. It toys with you!

This is one of the biggest moments of a gal’s life. I don’t tread lightly. My expectations are high and my standards are even higher. My surprise was sort of ruined.

My best friend called me because she had heard. Being in my life for 13 years now – she knows me quite well. We squealed and she said I know it’s going to happen on your birthday.

This had been in the making since Canada Day. It was to throw me right off track. My every move – they were one step ahead. It made sense as my soon to be brother in law and sister in law are getting married on Sept 12th  (day before my birthday).

About a week ago, I received an email from my good friend Kris Chandroo who wanted to do a photoshoot with me. He said he had gotten new equipment and wanted to try it out with me. He had this idea in his head and sent me colors to work with, time, shoot, theme, everything. He’s done all of my headshots for work so this was not something out of the ordinary.

I was very excited! I told Michael about it and he said if he wasn’t working – he would love to go. The day before, he told me he had to work and wasn’t going to be able to make it. I responded with “story of my life.” No Joke.

I asked my best friend if she wanted to come with me. She was very excited I had asked her (like it was no surprise) and even offered to have my hair done so that we could leave together.

My other good friend works there too now! Erin wanted to do it because Kris was booked back to back. The game plan was that we would be done at the same time then we would leave together.

Erin McEvoy did such a great job on my hair! Turns out all my lofties were in on it! They played it off so well and was asking why I was all dolled up. I was telling them about my photoshoot and how I was so excited because I wanted to do a look for my upcoming talk on October 2nd!

We left and were on our way to Almonte. The rain had cleared up, sun was shining bright and clouds were beautiful. It was my first time in Almonte and I must say, it had some lovely scenery.

The Photoshoot:

We show up and KC is so excited (as he always is for his creative work). He is one my favorite photographers. He captures everything raw and does not use any retouching (flaws are beautiful). He loves to capture the essence of real.


We were shooting for about 20 minutes and my bestie was in the background giving me pointers.

He wanted to shoot my makeup with my eyes closed and wanted me to do a few different looks. Of course, I agreed and did not think twice. 



The Moment:

Michael made sure he made no noise as he was creeping up. I heard a faint voice say “Ash”, as my eyes were still closed. When I swooped around and saw his tears, him dressed up in a suit with roses in his hands - I gasped and brought my hands to my mouth. 

 
My eyes immediately began to water as I locked with his teary eyes. He handed me the dozen long stem roses. Got down on one knee, opened the little black box and there she was shining bright. Our eyes locked. This was us coming together. I wanted this moment to last me a lifetime. I believe in happy ever after and one soul for life. 



He tried to utter the words “will you marry me?” – his tears overcame him (Sorry Michael). I immediately grabbed his face and said, “YES” from the heart. People waited and clapped as this all happened.

My heart just sank. This meant just as much to him as it had for me. He wanted it to be perfect. Every little detail mattered and he wanted this moment to be so special. He could not have done a better job and I love him twenty million times more (if that’s even possible).

He pulled it off. Everyone did. He managed to surprise me in the greatest way possible and I had no hunches. After embracing, I realized they all were in on it and I turned and said “YOU ALL KNEW and can keep secrets!”

Once that was done, I needed a drink. We headed to the bar – where I received a standing ovation and everyone clapped. I yelled out “I said NO!” – had to lighten up the mood. Now the planning has already begun. I want something very intimate and romantic. Stay tuned for July 1st, 2017. xx

Photos of the entire experience (Click Read More in Red!)

























Comments

  1. Congrats Ashley! You are perfect together!

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to my baby girl and my future Son-in-law! You sure did it right capturing every moment! Such a great looking and awesome couple! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts